We’re currently seeking passionate champions of great beer to join our growing team.
As the retail side of our business continues to grow, we are seeking a well-qualified individual to guide and direct that growth at a management level. The Taproom Manager is ultimately responsible for making the Indiana City taproom a fun exciting, inviting, positive place for beer geeks, tourists and locals alike to experience our high-quality beer without compromise. This individual will manage all retail efforts, with an emphasis on hands-on, customer-focused service and training as well as evaluating and selecting new retail opportunities within greater Indianapolis as we continue to grow.
* Ensure the taproom is clean, inviting and hospitable to all guests at all times.
* Manage taproom staff and events to meet retail revenue goals in coordination with increases in beer production.
* Actively work the Indiana City taproom bar to gain understanding of customer needs and workflow systems for our taproom all taproom staff.
• Recruit new taproom staff as needed and provide effective ongoing training.
• Coordinate with the production and marketing teams on beer release schedule and tapping logistics.
• Track expenses related to our taproom operation.
• Oversee our current taproom, evaluate potential new retail opportunities and manage new retail location launches.
• Develop management-level reports to frequently review retail performance with brewery leadership.
• Develop and communicate programs, taproom updates, pricing, and promotional activity internally.
• Implement monthly and weekly rotating events calendar, to create a dependable built-in customer base.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is ideal.
• 5+ years of previous management in beer or beverage industry.
• Proven ability to use data and analytics to develop insights.
• Successful background working in a team environment and managing people
• Demonstrated ability to consistently achieve company business plan goals, including volume and profitability
• Outstanding people development, and management, and leadership skills
• Excellent organizational, analytical, sales and customer service skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of point of sale applications, Quickbooks and Excel is ideal
• Must have a valid, clean Driver’s License
• This is a full-time position. Hours and days will vary according to business need, and will include nights and weekends.
• Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds and maneuver packages up to 165 pounds, using appropriate techniques and tools
• Must have a passion for the craft beer industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter along with their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT INDIANA CITY
Inspired by the ethos of the American craft beer revolution, we’re dedicated to elevating the craft beer scene of Indianapolis with each beer we create. All Indiana City beer is unfiltered for full flavor and aroma, and brewed to the highest standards, with the freshest and finest ingredients.
Located on the East side of downtown Indy in the historic Bottling House of the former Home Brewing Company, the Indiana City taproom has evolved over the years, to become a hot spot for concerts and private events. The taproom offers a wide variety of Indiana City beer on tap, served by the pint and available for growler fills along with year-round and limited release cans. Indiana City is also available at beer shops, bars and restaurants throughout greater Indianapolis.